Are you looking for the best place to learn Japanese in Tokyo? As we all know, in Tokyo we can find everything. Tokyo is the center of business, education, and culture in Japan. These facts make Tokyo the perfect place to learn the Japanese language and culture.
In this article, we would like to introduce you to one of the great language schools. That has an experience of no less than 45 years. This famous language school is called the Intercultural Institute of Japan or we call it Intercult. This language institute has dedicated itself to the needs of learning Japanese in many ways. It is suitable for individuals, companies, and the general public. Please read the full information below!
About Intercultural Institute of Japan
The Intercultural Institute of Japan, located in Akihabara, was established in 1977. This institute has undertaken many tasks to meet the needs of many parties in learning the Japanese language. Both individuals, companies, and society as a whole. This renowned Japanese language school has 2 main projects.
The projects are the “Japanese Language Teaching Project” and the “Japanese Language Teacher Training Project”. The first project, “Japanese Language Teaching Project” aims to develop human resources. On the other hand, the second project, “Japanese Language Teacher Training Project” is dedicated to the training of professionals in the field of Japanese language teaching.
Moreover, with its undisputed experience, this school has managed to become a pioneer among the excellent Japanese language schools in Tokyo. This language institute also focuses on creating the ideal learning style. This allows students to use applicable theories that can be directly applied in real-life situations.
The interesting thing about this school is its location. Intercult is located in the center of Tokyo, Akihabara. Akihabara is very famous as an IT center in Japan. Not only that, you will see many people wearing cosplay clothes here.
Therefore, it is very popular among anime, manga, and video game fans. This language institute is also not far from Asakusa. There you can feel the traditional side of Japan when you look at the many shrines in Asakusa. It is very rare to find a language school with such a strategic location.
What are the outstanding features of Intercult? These features are the reason why many people agree and say that Intercult is the leading and premier Japanese language school in Tokyo. Take a look at the details as follows.
No Less than 45 Years of Experience
With its undeniable experience, this school stands in the first rank of the leading Japanese language schools in Japan. This language institute has been a successful part of the pioneering work in establishing Japanese language schools for foreign students in Tokyo.
This school has found the ideal learning system. Here, the theory taught in class can be applied directly to the actual situation. What is taught is not only based on what is written in the book. Rather, the material is packaged in practical knowledge. In this way, students can absorb and apply the learning material more easily.
Great Training Program for Japanese Teachers
Currently, no less than 5% of Japanese language schools offer Japanese teacher training programs. This school is one of those 5%. Through a balance of theory and practice, prospective teachers can improve their skills to become the best Japanese teachers.
Extensive Global Network
With its commitment, this school has built a very wide global network. This school will help you from the time you arrive until you can comfortably follow the curriculum. This network is the gateway for you to build a future social network. This is for sure will make it easier for you to reach the top of the goals you want for the future.
With its large network, this school will help you find your future career opportunities. They will help you find your way to a career both in Japan and abroad.
Strong Multinational Environment
Students from more than 50 countries around the world usually study at Intercult. Intercult also organizes multinational events to encourage students to actively speak Japanese. There are also exchange events that provide a unique opportunity to communicate in Japanese.
Support from Intercult
As a highly professional language institute, Intercult is very concerned about the comfort and safety of its students. What kind of support can you receive when you enroll at Intercult? Please read below for some support details.
(1) Before Arrival
You do not have to worry about how to start the registration process until you arrive in Japan. Intercult will guide you in the best way. The staff of this school speaks English, Chinese, and even Korean. You do not have to worry if you cannot speak Japanese. Intensive communication is possible through the email and chat channels provided.
(2) Upon Arrival
What kind of support can you receive once you arrive? Airport transfer from Narita and Haneda airports is available upon request. However, additional fees will apply in this case. What’s more? You also will get assistance with administrative services. Intercult staff will assist you with resident registration, national health insurance registration, and bank account opening.
Intercult has residence halls where students can live. In addition, other types of housing are available. These include private housing, guest houses, and homestays, depending on your budget and desired lifestyle.
There are 2 insurances you receive when you become a member of Intercult. They are the National Health Insurance and the Foreign Student Insurance. With the National Health Insurance, everyone only has to pay 30% of the required health costs themselves. The Foreign Student Insurance is special insurance for foreign students that covers unexpected events (other than illness). Intercult can help you with the application for these 2 insurances. Do not worry because the process is quick and easy.
(5) Learning Support
As foreigners, we obviously need a map to adapt to the new learning system at Intercult. Therefore, Intercult has provided some aids for learning as follows:
- Special materials and support for students whose arrival is delayed
- One-on-one meetings each semester to express each other’s impressions while learning
- At the end of the semester, there is a report card as a form of evaluation so that students can determine the progress of their skills.
(6) Higher Education Support
Especially for students who want to continue their education in universities, both undergraduate and graduate, Intercult offers many bits of help, such as seminars, advice from professionals, counseling room, how to find a suitable supervisor, how to make a study plan and prepare for interviews, preparation course for the university entrance exam, preparation program for the EJU exams and much more.
Students with excellent grades and perfect attendance are eligible for scholarships at Intercult. There are 2 types of scholarships, namely the Intercultural Institute of Japan Scholarship at 20,00 JPY/month for 6 months and the Honors Scholarship for Privately Financed International Students at 48,000 JPY/month for 12 months. Please click on the link below to learn more about this scholarship.
(8) Daily Life Support
Intercult will help you in this way by providing you with the best support and services. So you can have a comfortable life at Intercult. For example, what you can get: assistance in case of illness or injury, advice on various problems and concerns in daily life, also giving an explanation of immigration procedures, and applications for various insurance packages. In addition, all of these assistances are available in English, Chinese, and Korean as well as Japanese.
There are 4 types of courses that Intercult offers, as follows:
- Weekly course: courses that can be taken in units of 1 week. This course can be taken for a minimum of 1 week and can be adjusted to fit your work or school schedule.
- Long-term course: this long-term course is a course for 1 or 2 years and requires a student visa. This course is usually taken by those who are focused to be enrolled in a Japanese university or want to find a job in Japan.
- Evening lessons/Early morning lessons/Saturday lessons and Private and semi-private lessons: for those who only have a specific time and occasion in learning Japanese. As well as for those who can’t regularly come to the class due to their job or any specific conditions.
- Special Course: Special courses usually last 2 to 4 weeks. This course is usually included in the summer courses. Suitable for those who want to study Japanese in the morning. After that, want to participate in various extracurricular activities to experience Japanese culture.
As for fees, there are several options depending on the duration and details of the course you want to take. Roughly speaking, the costs are as follows:
- Weekly course: from 25,000 ($193)
- Long-term course: from 850,000 ($6,547)
- Early morning/evening/Saturday course: from 6,000 ($47)
- Private course: from 17,000 ($131)
- Semi-private course: from 15,000 ($116)
Additionally, please find more information about the fees by clicking the link below. Also, we would appreciate your kindness to leave us your thought in the column section below!
Based on several sources we found, Intercult has received no less than a 4-star rating. What are the advantages of Intercult according to some reviewers? Take a look at some of the following:
- Classes are balanced, effective, and interactive.
- Attractive and professional teachers.
- Supportive and professional staff.
- The location of the school is very strategic.
- Practical learning materials.
- The school has an excellent learning system so that students can pass a certain level of JLPT or a certain university entrance exam they are aiming for.
However, there are also some aspects, such as the material is taught quickly and the teachers are different, so it is difficult for students to adapt to the given teaching method. Despite all this, the Intercultural Institute of Japan is very professional, excellent, and highly recommended as an excellent Japanese language school in Tokyo.
In conclusion, I would like to ask you to reconsider some of the above points. Please let us know what you think of the information presented. We are also very happy to receive any comments. As well as the suggestions for our next improvements. Hope you get useful insight about the Intercultural Institute of Japan, Tokyo.
If you want to know about the other option of the best and most famous Japanese language schools in Tokyo, please visit the link below!
- Japanese Language School in Japan: 10 Great Japanese Language Schools in Japan
- The Japanese Language School in Tokyo: 9 Best Schools for Learning Japanese in Tokyo
- Japanese Language School in Osaka: 9 Great Japanese Language Schools in Osaka
- The Japanese Language School in Kyoto: 10 Popular Japanese Language Schools in Kyoto
- Japanese Language School in Hokkaido: 6 Great Japanese Language Schools in Hokkaido
- Japanese Language School in Fukuoka: 8 Best Japanese Language Schools in Fukuoka