First of all, as you probably already know. Japanese is one of the top 10 most spoken languages in the world. Also, Japan is a country known for its uniqueness, originality, hard work, as well as perseverance. In addition, Japan is the country with the third-largest economy in the world after the United States and China. Further, a career in a Japanese company can increase your marketability and potential to become a world-class leader. For this, learning the Japanese language is very good support.
Besides, with the development of science and technology today, you can get information from anywhere. For example, if you’re looking for information about Japan, it’ll be easier and richer if you know Japanese. Because if you speak Japanese fluently, you can communicate better and deepen your knowledge. You’ll also get a better understanding of Japan as a nation and as a culture.
So, to learn Japanese effectively and intensively, it’s the right choice to learn Japanese directly at school. In this article, we’d like to introduce you to one of the leading Japanese language academies that have taught Japanese to many foreigners. You can find more information in the following description.
1. About Yu Language Academy
The Yu Language Academy was originally established in 2003. The Academy accepts students from Taiwan and South Korea. Furthermore, there are two main locations of this school in Shin Okubo-Tokyo and Sapporo-Hokkaido. This Japanese language school was established to support also to encourage international students who want to realize their dreams and future in Japan.
Moreover, with the goal of educational advancement, this school integrates the latest equipment and media into structured small learning groups to develop as well as refine knowledge of Japanese culture and language. Then, the school also awards scholarships to 1 or 2 long-term students who study diligently and have a good attendance record.
In addition, the part-time job assistance program and help in finding a part-time job are also available for all students. The school’s residence halls are located near the school, in a safe and convenient location. Further, the school tries to accommodate students’ needs as best as possible by arranging housing in the dormitories provided. In addition, teachers are always available to answer questions or give advice on students’ academic progress.
2. Academy Location
As stated previously, Yu Language has 2 schools in Tokyo and Sapporo, Hokkaido. Please read the details below.
Tokyo is one of the most livable cities in the world. Tokyo is also, one of the most vibrant and exciting cities in the world and has something for everyone. These are a lot of the reasons why Tokyo is one of the best places to live. Tokyo is also, an incredible city and a fantastic place to live for residents of all ages. With a strong sense of community and excellent transportation, it’s easy to see why so many people never leave the city. Plus, the school is located in the Okubo-Shinjuku district of Tokyo. Then, to reach the school, all you’ve to do is choose one of the following options:
- A 12-minute walk from Shin-Okubo Station (JR Yamanote Line railway)
- The 7-minute walk from Higashi-Shinjuku Station (Toei Oedo Line subway)
- It’s an only a 5-minute walk from Nishi-Waseda Station (Fukutoshin Line subway)
Sapporo is the largest city on the Japanese island of Hokkaido. Although it’s a relatively new city, it serves as the gateway to a region known for its hot springs, winter activities, and breathtaking views. The city itself offers some great cultural highlights for those looking to scratch beneath the surface.
In addition, Sapporo is perfect for skiing, as Hokkaido has the best snow: light, fluffy, and like flour, unlike the wet, heavy snow in Europe and North America. It’s perfect for summer here because it’s 30 degrees Celsius hot and dry, and of course very pleasant.
Surely, with all the uniqueness and conveniences of life, Sapporo is a reasonable choice for those of you who want to study while vacationing all year round. Here we give you the option to reach the school:
- A 7-minute walk from JR Naebo Station (railway)
- It is the first station from JR Sapporo Station (railway)
3. Students’ Demographics
Since the institution of this school is actually from an Asian country. Furthermore, if you want to learn Japanese while learning about Asian culture in general, this school deserves to be your first choice reference. Next, you can see the percentage distribution of the students’ nationalities:
- Russia: 18%
- China: 13%
- Nepal: 13%
- Malaysia: 13%
- Taiwan: 10%
- Indonesia: 9%
- South Korea: 5%
In addition, please note that the above percentages are collected from the overall 2 schools, in Tokyo and Sapporo-Hokkaido.
4. Academy Main Features
The Yu Language Academy has been operating for more than 19 years, since 2003. Experience, commitment, and quality are undeniable. Further, what are the features of this great school? Next, please, take a look at some of the points listed below!
- The school arranges trips to colleges and universities in Japan, where students can choose among various fields of study and higher education. During these trips, they can also gain some knowledge before enrolling.
- Students can freely use their tools with free Internet access.
- The scholarship is awarded to 1 or 2 long-term students who study hard as well as have a good attendance record.
- The school’s residence halls are located near the school, in a safe also convenient location.
- Teachers are always available to answer questions or give advice on students’ academic progress.
- The school also organizes tutoring sessions to help students who are falling behind who also need the teachers’ help to keep up with others and progress with less difficulty.
- The school promises to help students apply for their mandatory health insurance. This will allow students to take advantage of mandatory medical exams and receive treatment for illnesses or accidents with ease.
- Preparatory classes for those who want to prepare for the Japanese Language Proficiency Test and/or the Japanese College Admission Exam.
- If students have difficulties, problems, or questions about their learning process, school, or daily life, they can always contact the school staff who will come to their aid as soon as possible.
- The international student insurance will be of great help to students in case of various incidents.
5. Academy Main Services
Like almost most Japanese language schools, the Yu Language Academy also provides a variety of services. The school then offers complete facilities to support teaching and learning activities for its students. Next, please take a look at some of the following points.
|1. Free Wi-Fi||Free internet access for all students studying at the school.|
|2. Lounge||A space for students to study, relax or pass the time.|
|3. Library||A variety of reading materials are available for you to study or relax.|
|4. Activities||Experience Japanese culture with cultural experiences and activities.|
|5. Language Partner||Improve your communication skills with language partners.|
|6. School transfer support||Transfer to a degree program at a Japanese school.|
|7. Career support||Find the perfect job after you graduate.|
|8. Accommodation||Help to find the right room for you.|
|9. English-speaking staff available||There will be English-speaking staff available to assist you with any issues that may arise during your time at the school.|
|10. Part-time job support||The school provides support by posting available part-time jobs in the area and preparing you for the interview.|
Additionally, the school has a very international environment, strong communities, and many more. Surely, you will study conveniently in this great school.
Broadly speaking, the school has several courses with specific features to accommodate your goals as well as the need to learn Japanese. Next, please read a bit of view of the course below.
(1) Long-term course
The course provides you with a student visa.
- April intake: Preparatory course for 1 year or 2 years
- July intake: Preparatory course for 1 year 9 months
- October intake: Preparatory course for 1 year 6 months
- January intake: Preparatory course for 1 year 3 months
(2) Short-term course
For those who only want to learn Japanese in a short time, this option might be best for you.
- Short-term course for 3 months. Enrollment in: April, July, October, and January.
- 1-month or 2-month course. Enrollment: April, July, October, January
In addition, to get more information about the other details of the course we have informed here. As well as the other details of other courses, please click the following button! Also, we hope you get the useful info that you needed.
7. Course Expenses
As for course expenses, here is brief information about them. First of all, you need to know that the course expenses vary. Especially, it all depends on the duration as well as the type of course you want. Next, please read the following lists to know the expenses in total (Update May 2022):
(1) Long-term course – preparatory course
- 1 year (April intake): 781,000 JPY
- 2 years (April intake): 1,512,000 JPY
- 1 year 9 months (July intake): 1,333,000 JPY
- 1 year 6 months (October intake): 1,146,500 JPY
- Also, 1 year 3 months (January intake): 963,750 JPY
(2) Short-term course
- 3 months (Apr, July, Oct, Jan intake): 165,000 JPY
- 1 month (Apr, July, Oct, Jan intake): 85,000 JPY
In addition, the expenses above are the expenses in total. Further, the textbooks, extracurricular activities, as well as the International students’ insurance fees are included in the course fee. Also, you need to pay the application fee: 30,000 JPY (Except for a short-term course).
According to some of the information, we have collected, the Yu Language Academy has received a rating of 4 stars and above. What are the advantages of this school? The reviewers have mentioned the following points:
- Teachers and staff are professional and supportive.
- The location is very convenient.
- The class is interactive.
Furthermore, what do you think about it? Do you have any experience learning Japanese at this academy? In addition, we would be very happy if you would share your review directly with us. Please leave your feedback in the comment column below.
In conclusion, I would like to ask you to reconsider some of the above points. Please let us know what you think of the information presented. We are also very happy to receive any comments. As well as the suggestions for our next improvements. Hope you get useful insight about the Yu Language Academy.
Additionally, If you want to know about the other option of the best and most famous Japanese language schools in Hokkaido, please visit the link below!
- Japanese Language School in Japan: 10 Great Japanese Language Schools in Japan
- Japanese Language School in Osaka: 9 Great Japanese Language Schools in Osaka
- The Japanese Language School in Kyoto: 10 Popular Japanese Language Schools in Kyoto
- Japanese Language School in Tokyo: 9 Best Schools for Learning Japanese in Tokyo
- Japanese Language School in Fukuoka: 8 Best Japanese Language Schools in Fukuoka
- The Japanese Language School in Nagoya: 10 Great Places to Learn Japanese in Nagoya