If you plan to continue your studies in Japan or seek a job in Japan, improving your Japanese language skills is the first step. You can start by enrolling as a student in a Japanese language school. In the city of Tokyo, for example, there are many Japanese language schools with undeniable quality and experience.
When you enroll and study at a Japanese language school, you get the opportunity to experience life in Japan. At the same time, you can use the opportunity to explore future paths and build connections.
In this article, we will introduce you to one of the best Japanese language schools. It is the Yoshida Institute of Japanese Language. You can find the complete information about this institute below.
Brief Overview of Yoshida Institute
The Yoshida Institute of Japanese Language offers a variety of courses for students who wish to learn Japanese. Since its founding in 1986, the Yoshida Institute of Japanese Language has helped more than 4,500 students from around the world learn Japanese. This school provides several classes. Daily Full-Time Intensive Classes For students who want to study Japanese. Especially for those who intensively to be admitted to Japanese universities, colleges, or vocational schools.
In addition, the courses offered by the school are geared toward achieving the JLPT exam (from levels 1 to 5). The school partners with various accommodation solutions such as dormitories, student residences, or host families. Undoubtedly one of the most affordable solutions for you to start a new life in Japan.
The Yoshida Japanese Language Institute is located near the Waseda student district. A famous place where many of Japan’s best universities are located. This is not far from Shinjuku, more precisely near the Takadanobaba, which is very popular among young people. Thanks to Waseda University! It is one of the most prestigious private universities in Japan. Which is also very popular among foreigners and was founded by the former Prime Minister of Japan.
In addition, after classes, students gather in groups to enjoy some of the attractions here. Such as the Big Box and other artistic attractions. It is a large community area that is home to a sports club, arcade game center, many stores, and restaurants. If you want to hang out in a smaller place, there are also many Japanese-style Izakaya pubs near the station. And of course, there are many opportunities for side jobs such as part-time jobs when there are many shops, restaurants, and places where young people hang out.
The students come from a variety of countries. Including Western, European as well as Asian countries with more than 30 countries. The ratio is as follows:
- Asia: 47%
- USA: 9%
- Sweden: 10%
- Spain: 6%
- Italy: 10%
- Others: 18%
This institute has been operating for over 36 years. Experience, commitment, and quality are really undeniable. What are the great features of this institute? Take a look at some of the points listed below.
- Very focused on mastering the Kanji and JLPT
- Offers specific levels of the students: Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced
- Suits those who aim to enroll in the Japanese University
- The Intensity of the course is Medium
- The school is located in close proximity to the prestigious Waseda University. Students can use the university’s common areas and cafeterias.
- Welcome Warms: Accepts students, regardless of their abilities and backgrounds
- Style of Japanese Courses: Focuses on general Japanese courses, entry into Japanese universities, and passing the JLPT and EJU tests. 50% of class time focuses on exam preparation and/or grammar review. While the other 50% of class time focuses on conversational skills.
- Pleasant Learning Atmosphere: The friendly atmosphere among students from different countries.
- Classes In a Very Concentrated Department: Small classes taught by very experienced professional teachers.
- Provide Exemption Or Reduction of The Entrance Fee. Since this school wants all students to receive instruction and have pleasant learning conditions, it offers cost waivers as well.
Class Contents in Yoshida Institute
In this institute, you will be divided into different classes depending on your Japanese proficiency. As mentioned above. There are 3 types of classes, namely beginner, intermediate and advanced. What are the details? Please read the reviews below.
This program is perfect for students without any knowledge of Japanese. You will learn the basics of the Japanese language, grammar as well as conversation. In addition, you will start the study with hiragana and katakana, and kanji (about 350 characters). This course will help you pass the JLPT N4 or N5. The teaching material used is Minna no Nihongo 1-2 and others. The total learning time is 9 months.
In this course, you will review the material of the previous level. Then you will continue to learn grammar, reading, listening, conversation, and more complex kanji (up to about 1000 characters). This level is the JLPT N2 or N3 preparation level. The teaching materials used are Minna no Nihongo Chukyu 1 and 2 and other additional teaching materials. Similar to the previous level, the total duration of this study is 9 months as well.
In this course, you will learn Japanese at an advanced level. The material at this level includes adverbs, adjectives, conjunctions, and high-level kanji (up to about 2,000). In addition to the instruction at this level, you will be able to read newspapers and magazines. This course will prepare you for JLPT level N1 and for entry into university. The teaching materials are original materials such as newspaper articles, dialogues from TV dramas, etc. The total duration of the class is 6 months.
What do you think? If you need more information regarding the class contents, please visit the following link!
Generally, Yoshida Institute of Japanese Language divides its course into 2 courses. It depends on the duration of learning time: Long-term and Short-term courses. Please read the following reviews carefully to understand more!
This school strives to give its students what they need most for their studies, as well as any support they need to live in Japan. Especially, those who wish to study and live in Tokyo for longer than 3 months will receive a student visa from the school to go through the application process. Then, the school will review your documents. Then, the school will apply for the visa on your behalf at the immigration office.
This long-term course consists of standard classes, JLPT and EJU preparation, and cultural activities throughout the year. This is a fairly intensive course, which means that students will improve their Japanese at a normal pace.
This course is for those who cannot study in Japan for a long time. The type of visa you need depends on how long you want to study and your nationality. Classes are held five days a week in the morning or afternoon. During this time, students work on improving their speaking, reading, writing, and listening skills.
In addition, this course consists of standard courses that help students improve their speaking, reading, writing, and listening skills. This is a high-intensity course, meaning students will improve their Japanese faster than average. Please visit the following link to learn more about the course.
Next, let’s talk about the course fees. As far as tuition fees are concerned, this language institute is known for its very affordable fees. This school is very supportive of their students so that they can study longer. In this way, students can learn more, of course, as much as they can get.
Moreover, the amount of the fee is based on the duration of the lesson. The institute is very keen on keeping the cost low and affordable for everyone. However, it still offers professional and high-quality services. By and large, the course fees in total at Yoshida Institute are as follows:
- 3 months – 174,000 JPY or 1,334 USD
- 6 months – 465,000 JPY or 3,560 USD
- 12 months – 807,000 JPY or 6,180 USD
- 18 months – 1,149,000 JPY or 8,800 USD
- 24 months – 1,491,000 JPY or 11,420 USD
According to some of the information, we have gathered, the Yoshida Institute of Japanese Language has received a rating of 4 stars and above. What are the advantages of this school? The reviewers have mentioned the following points:
- Teachers and staff are very kind, supportive, and passionate.
- The school location is wonderful.
- The classes are fun and well planned.
- The price is cheap compared to other Japanese language schools.
Furthermore, what do you think about it? Do you have any experience learning Japanese at this school? We would be very happy if you would share your review directly with us. Please leave your feedback in the comment column below
In conclusion, I would like to ask you to reconsider some of the above points. Please let us know what you think of the information presented. We are also very happy to receive any comments. As well as the suggestions for our next improvements. Hope you get useful insight about the Yoshida Institute of Japanese Language.
Additionally, If you want to know about the other option of the best and most famous Japanese language schools in Tokyo, please visit the link below!
- Japanese Language School in Japan: 10 Great Japanese Language Schools in Japan
- The Japanese Language School in Tokyo: 9 Best Schools for Learning Japanese in Tokyo
- Japanese Language School in Osaka: 9 Great Japanese Language Schools in Osaka
- The Japanese Language School in Kyoto: 10 Popular Japanese Language Schools in Kyoto
- Japanese Language School in Hokkaido: 6 Great Japanese Language Schools in Hokkaido
- Japanese Language School in Fukuoka: 8 Best Japanese Language Schools in Fukuoka