Japan is a prosperous country. This cherry blossom country has the most diverse economy in Asia. Many of the largest companies are in the automotive sector, whose products flood the world market in various industries. Japan, is a leading country in various fields. For example, in business, technology, manufacturing, research, economy, and culture.
In addition, Japan attaches great importance to its culture and language. So if you want to live and make a career in Japan, it is essential to know the language. On the other hand, Japanese is our gateway to understanding this beautiful and unique Japanese culture as well.
Without further ado, are you looking for the best school to learn Japanese? Then we have the answer for you. In this article, we will introduce you to one of the most popular Japanese language schools in Tokyo. This school is called ISI Japanese Language School. What are the most important points you should know about this school? Please read on!
About ISI Japanese Language School
Since its establishment in 1977, ISI Japanese Language School was founded as a “private school” with the philosophy of contributing to the realization of people’s dreams. Then, contribute to the development of the international community by creating a global educational environment. ISI Japanese Language School (International Study Institute) is one of the largest language school groups in Japan.
In addition, the total capacity of the school all around Japan is 4000 students. The school has 3 schools in Tokyo, 1 school in Nagano, and 1 new school in Kyoto. Students from various countries study here in college and career preparation programs. For students pursuing Japanese higher education, ISI language school is perfect for your goals.
Furthermore, with the two different college preparation courses, students are well prepared for college entrance exams. This language school has a large and very nice building. The interior design is also beautiful. Therefore, you will feel right at home, a perfect place to learn Japanese.
The ISI Japanese language school has 5 schools in Japan. Take a look at the following information for knowing the detailed location.
(1) Tokyo – Takadanobaba
Takadanobaba is an area known as a “student city” with many universities, vocational schools, and preparatory schools. It is included Waseda University, which attracts many young people. It is an area full of feelings that are slightly retro and mixed with youthful energy. There is also a battleground for Izakaya (Japanese-style pubs). As well as the ramen restaurants where you can enjoy affordable and delicious food. Making it perfect conditions for chasing part-time work for those of you who want to earn more while studying.
(2) Tokyo – Ikebukuro
Ikebukuro is one of the most popular shopping areas in Japan. As an “art city,” one of the main features of this city is the variety of theaters, large and small. Where people can enjoy different genres of art. As a “holy land of subculture” for the youth, the city is as popular as the Otaku city as well. Also, it has been visited by many anime fans from all over the world in recent years. In 2020, Toshima City, where Ikebukuro is located, was selected as a “Future SDG City” and “Model SDG City Project.” As one of the leading SDG cities in Japan, Toshima Ward is working to create a sustainable city.
(3) Tokyo – Harajuku
Harajuku is one of the hippest areas in Japan. It is the center of pop culture, with many stores selling fashion and sweets for young people. The Harajuku/Shibuya area is also home to the lush Meiji Shrine, considered the most powerful site in Tokyo, and Yoyogi Park, where you can refresh yourself when you are tired from studying.
The school has a school as well in Kyoto. In this most famous historical city in Japan and the ancient capital of Japan, you can also visit many ancient historical sites such as temples and shrines while enjoying the traditional Japanese culture that emanates from these buildings. Besides having more than 1,000 years of history as an ancient capital, it is also a famous student city due to its renowned universities. The ISI Kyoto Campus offers you special programs to experience the traditional Japanese culture and learn the language at the same time.
Nagano is known not only for its high mountains and beautiful rivers but also for its many historical sights and museums. In addition, it is also known as one of the best recreational areas in Japan. It is the perfect place for outdoor activities such as trekking, rafting as well as paragliding. Then, in winter it becomes a paradise for ski and snowboard lovers. This is the right place not only to learn the language but also to feel the warmth of this historic castle town and discover the beauty of the four Japanese seasons.
The students who come to study at ISI Japanese language school come from a variety of countries. The ratio is as follows:
- Asia: 55%
- USA: 15%
- Sweden: 10%
- Spain: 5%
- Italy: 5%
- Other European Countries: 10%
ISI 6 Main Features
The ISI Japanese Language School has 6 features that it is proud of. What are these features? Take a look at some of the points below.
1. Improve your Japanese language skills
With ISI’s unique education system, ISI offers a detailed curriculum tailored to your goal and level. Classes are taught by qualified Japanese language instructors who provide quality instruction daily. You can aim for a high score on the exams.
2. Practice your Japanese with extracurricular activities
Each school regularly organizes extracurricular activities for cultural and experiential exchanges that allow students to learn Japanese outside of class by interacting with students from other schools in the ISI group and prospective Japanese high school students.
3. Comprehensive Support from Enrollment to Graduation
ISI has a support system from enrollment to graduation. This includes homeroom teachers and career counselors who help students find postsecondary education and employment.
4. Highly rated and certified by external organizations
ISI has a high level of post-enrollment satisfaction. The school has received awards from international accrediting bodies and is highly regarded both inside and outside the school. ISI also has an excellent track record of acceptance into prestigious universities.
5. Increase the effectiveness of learning with the latest facilities and equipment
Each school is equipped with study rooms, libraries, student rooms, cafes, Japanese rooms, prayer rooms, and free Wi-Fi. ISI also offers ISI-affiliated housing where you can enjoy a fulfilling student life outside of class hours.
6. Learning to be diverse in a global learning environment
Students at ISI come from a wide variety of countries. You will have the opportunity to learn Japanese and experience the diverse multinational culture and values of your own country and Japan.
If you become a part of ISI, what facilities and services will you get? Please read some points below.
|(1) As Fit Your Needs||ISI offers a wide range of electives, as well as specialized courses, such as top college-preparatory courses. You will get the education you need to prepare for your future in Japan. Even if you have never studied Japanese before, you can start from scratch.|
|(2) Wi-Fi Available||Free Wi-Fi is available for students.|
|(3) Students’ Lounge||Mingle with fellow students or get in some last-minute studying in the student lounge.|
|(4) Multilingual Staffs||English-speaking staffs are available to help you with any problems that may arise during your stay at the school.|
|(5) Part-time Jobs Finding Guide||The school offers support by posting available part-time jobs in the area and preparing you for interviews.|
|(6) Learn Directly with Japanese Students||You will have the opportunity to meet and interact with Japanese students at various events organized by the school.|
Please note that the above are just a few examples of the excellent facilities ISI offers. This school is very keen on providing its students with comfortable educational facilities of the best quality as well.
Basically, ISI divides the course into 2 parts. There are long-term and short-term courses. Here we provide some explanations for you guys!
- Academic／General Japanese (For Takadanobaba, Ikebukuro, Kyoto, and Nagano Campus): This is a course with a student visa. There are electives tailored to your goals and a special course for those who want to study in difficult universities.
- Career Japanese (Only Harajuku Campus): This course specializes in helping those who want to find employment or start a business in Japan while improving their business Japanese skills to advance their careers.
- A program to support the employment of skilled professionals (Nagano Campus only): This is a special program for those who want to work in Japan. Then, it provides detailed support as well from obtaining a Specified Skilled 1 visa to job search through intensive courses.
- Short Term General Japanese Course (Only for Takadanobaba, Ikebukuro, Kyoto, and Nagano Campus): A course of 2 weeks for students with visas other than a student visa. The curriculum is the same as the long-term course. So, it is ideal for those who want to study hard.
- Short-term Career Japanese (Only for Harajuku Campus): This program is ideal for those who want to improve their Japanese language as well as their business skills while at the same time advancing their career in a short time.
The above are just a few points to represent the courses provided at ISI. Please go to the following link for detailed information.
Moreover, the amount of the fee is based on the duration of the lesson. The school is very keen on keeping the cost low and affordable for everyone. However, it still offers professional and high-quality services. By and large, the example of course fees in total for 1 year at ISI Japanese language school are as follows:
- Academic Japanese: 849,000 JPY (6,514 USD)
- Career Japanese: 872,000 JPY (6,690 USD)
- General Japanese: 823,000 JPY (6,315 USD – Kyoto) and 763,000 JPY (5,854 USD- Nagano)
Please go to the following link for detailed information.
According to some of the information, we have gathered, the ISI Japanese Language School has received a rating of 4 stars and above. What are the advantages of this school? The reviewers have mentioned the following points:
- Teachers and staff are professional and supportive.
- The school location is wonderful as well.
- This school has very comfortable and high-quality facilities.
- The class is interactive and also very well prepared.
- The housing for students is very nice.
Furthermore, what do you think about it? Do you have any experience learning Japanese at this school? We would be very happy if you would share your review directly with us. Please leave your feedback in the comment column below.
In conclusion, I would like to ask you to reconsider some of the above points. Please let us know what you think of the information presented. We are also very happy to receive any comments. As well as the suggestions for our next improvements. Hope you get useful insight about the ISI Japanese Language School.
Additionally, If you want to know about the other option of the best and most famous Japanese language schools in Tokyo, please visit the link below!
- Japanese Language School in Japan: 10 Great Japanese Language Schools in Japan
- The Japanese Language School in Tokyo: 9 Best Schools for Learning Japanese in Tokyo
- Japanese Language School in Osaka: 9 Great Japanese Language Schools in Osaka
- The Japanese Language School in Kyoto: 10 Popular Japanese Language Schools in Kyoto
- Japanese Language School in Hokkaido: 6 Great Japanese Language Schools in Hokkaido
- Japanese Language School in Fukuoka: 8 Best Japanese Language Schools in Fukuoka